USPS Tracking: Everything You Need to Know
If you live in the U.S., you've definitely heard of USPS or experienced its great service. However, there may be something confusing you as a new user. For example, as for tracking an international package, these questions may occur:
Is my package available for tracking?
How to find my tracking number?
What does it look like?
HERE is the answer.
Is my package available for tracking? - USPS Tracking
Tracking is currently available for the following levels of USPS International Shipping at different tracking capabilities. (With certain USPS international mail classes, tracking isn’t available for all international locations.)
|USPS International Mail Class||International Tracking Capabilities||Example Number|
|Global Express Guaranteed®||Tracking to all destinations||82 000 000 00|
|Priority Mail Express International™||USPS Tracking for most destinations||EC 000 000 000 US|
|Priority Mail International®||USPS Tracking for most destinations Not available for Flat Rate Envelopes or Flat Rate Small Boxes||CP 000 000 000 US|
|First‑Class Package International Service||USPS Tracking for most destinations*||LZ 000 000 000 US|
|First‑Class International Letters||Not Available||Not Available|
*FCPIS tracking available only to: Australia, Belgium, Canada, Croatia, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Hungary, Israel, Latvia, Lithuania, Malaysia, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Singapore, Spain, and Switzerland.
What does a tracking number look like? - USPS Tracking
Look for your tracking number in the shipping confirmation. Scan the body of the email until you see a long string of numbers. Most tracking numbers are between 10 and 30 digits long, and each one is uniquely generated for a specific order. You'll use your tracking number to keep up with the status of your shipment.
SERVICE SAMPLE NUMBER
USPS Tracking®9400 1000 0000 0000 0000 00
Priority Mail®9205 5000 0000 0000 0000 00
Certified Mail®9407 3000 0000 0000 0000 00
Collect On Delivery Hold For Pickup9303 3000 0000 0000 0000 00
Global Express Guaranteed®82 000 000 00
SERVICE SAMPLE NUMBER
Priority Mail Express International®EC 000 000 000 US
Priority Mail Express®9270 1000 0000 0000 0000 00
EA 000 000 000 US
Priority Mail International®CP 000 000 000 US
Registered Mail™9208 8000 0000 0000 0000 00
Signature Confirmation™9202 1000 0000 0000 0000 00
Where do I find my tracking number? - USPS Tracking
Your tracking number can be found in the following places:
- Your Post Office™ shipping receipt
- Your sales receipt if you bought insurance at the Post Office™
- Your email confirmation if you shipped from USPS.com
- The shipping confirmation email you received from an online retailer
- The bottom peel-off portion of your USPS Tracking® label
How do I access tracking information? - USPS Tracking
Whether you are the sender or recipient, you can track your item:
- Online: Use USPS Tracking on the United States Postal Service® website.
- By text: Send a text to 28777 (2USPS) with your tracking number as the content of the message. Standard message and data rates may apply.
- By smartphone: Download the USPS Mobile® app for iPhone® and Android™.
- By phone:
- To obtain tracking information on an international package, customers can call 1-800-222-1811.
- For telecommunications device for the Deaf/Teletypewriter (TDD/TTY), call 1-800-877-8339.
- Listen to automated information 24 hours/seven days per week.
- Third Party tracking tool: Many third-party websites provide package tracking service (including USPS tracking) with other useful features which make it much easier for those online sellers to manage a great number of orders. Of course, it works well for a single tracking, too.
What does my delivery notification mean? - USPS Tracking
Article has been delivered with a recorded time and date of delivery.
An unsuccessful delivery attempt was made by your carrier today.
DELIVERY STATUS NOT UPDATED
Item arrived for delivery; however, it has not yet been processed for delivery.
Carrier did not have access to mailbox to complete delivery.
Your carrier was unable to deliver to your address.
Forward Mail - USPS Tracking
If you need to change your address, forward mail service is right here for you. Whether you’re making a long-term move or just using your new address for a few months, your mail can follow you.
It's recommended to fill out your forwarding request at least 2 weeks in advance. You should receive mail at the forwarding address 7 to 10 Postal business days after you submit your request.