Last mile delivery is a very important issue that logistics companies are facing. Here are some possible ways to overcome these challenges include the following:
2. Let Customers Choose Delivery Windows
3. Continuously Optimize Transport Schedule with New Orders
4. Better route optimization
5. Continuously Communicate
6. Track Orders
7. Automated Notifications on Delivery Day
8. Use Proof of Delivery
9. Be prepared with an intuitive response plan
10. Delivery lockers
11. Other solutions
1.Faster fulfillmentIncrease in on-demand or same-day delivery from customers now requires faster logistics and fulfillment.
This is especially true for pharmaceuticals and food delivery. Customers want a window of delivery within a few hours. By the time the order comes in, it has to be processed and ready to go, to meet that very narrow window.
2. Let Customers Choose Delivery WindowsTo increase the success of delivery, it’s better to let customers select their delivery windows. Offering a range of time windows on your website at the point of purchase allows the customer to make sure somebody will be home before placing the order. The narrow time slots could better meet the needs of customers. Getting orders delivered exactly when and where they choose is a good choice.
3. Continuously Optimize Transport Schedule with New OrdersCustomers place orders throughout an entire day, so you need an omnichannel fulfillment system that continually re-optimizes the transport schedules as new orders are added. Systems must take into account delivery areas, available resources and existing deliveries already confirmed, then analyze and evaluate possible delivery times for new orders within the requested timeframe.
By planning customer collection and home delivery service in the same system, users can maximize operational efficiency and offer a consistent, reliable service for their customers.
4. Better route optimizationBetter route optimization technologies can also help reduce woes over last mile capacity while cutting last mile costs.
5. Continuously CommunicateKeep customers up to date and let them modify their time window at every step. This helps reduce the volume of inbound customer service calls and reassure customers in your last-mile delivery service.
So, you can use TrackingMore to get your customers updated about their parcels. By setting up the shipment notification function, your customers will receive real-time tracking info via emails or SMS. The content of shipment notification can be edited according to your own preference.
6 Track OrdersIt is important to be able to track the order from placement to delivery, ensuring all required components are progressing in a timely manner to meet the customer promise. Proactive messaging enables automated communication to keep the customer informed throughout this process.
7 Automated Notifications on Delivery DayOn the day of delivery, keep your customers well informed of your driver’s exact location in real-time, which will reassure your customers for one respect.
Another benefit of doing that is the chances of successful delivery can be achieved if the customers are well informed. For example, automated notifications feature means customers can receive an update saying, “We’re 30 minutes away – are we still okay with this delivery time?” If the customer is stuck in traffic, they can choose a later time slot.
8. Use Proof of DeliveryElectronic proof of delivery (EPOD) is a key requirement in completing the entire end-to-end order fulfillment process. This ensures confirmation of successful deliveries and required information like photographs, notes, and signatures to manage delivery issues in a timely manner.
9. Be prepared with an intuitive response planWhat will happen in the last-mile delivery can never be predicted, so it’s crucial to prepare for the potential outcomes in advance. Risk management processes is a good choice since it offers information and communication platform needed to assess and manage situations as they occur.
Complete data and information collection enable organizations to make deliveries more efficient.
Another feasible choice is to adopt delivery lockers. Delivery lockers could keep products for consumers seeking to pick up products at set locations, like Amazon’s storefront pickup locations.
10. Delivery lockersDelivery lockers could hold products for consumers seeking to pick up products at set locations, like Amazon’s storefront pickup locations.
11. Other solutionsDrone and robots can aid in delivery too.
Retailers may also offer better incentives to truckers looking for career opportunities and positions with fewer regulations and rules.